Personal Branding Tips For Authors
Are you a writer who is keen to brand himself/herself? Here are the tips to have a bulletproof writer brand.
Know that personal branding is critical, and it is about identifying what makes you different. In a layman’s language, it is building your reputation. Let’s see how you can build your personal brand as an author.
1. To build a strong author brand, you need to ask yourself:
- How is your writing unique from others?
- Why do people read your books?
- How do you stand out from the other writers/authors in your genre?
- How is your writing different?
- What is the message that you want to convey to your readers with your writing?
- How do you want to be known as an author?
- And lastly, what adjectives would your readers use to describe your work?
Within these answers lie your brand values. Your brand should be a true reflection of your values as an author and how you naturally communicate with your readers.
2. To build an influential author’s brand, find your key brand values, which include,
- Your tone of voice
- The fonts, colors, and imagery that you use
- The design of your marketing material, such as your logo, website, book covers, etc.
- Your content
- Your author headshots
- Your blurb and bio
The idea is to have consistency. Everything from your books to your social media account to your website should blend naturally. Make sure you use the same tone of voice, colors, and imagery throughout. Consistency is the key to be a successful personal brand.
3. To build a robust author’s brand, use consistent,
- Logo (size, shape, pattern)
- Tone of Voice
- Style guidelines
Lastly, build your account around your unique strengths to attract loyal readers.